By : Anis Chowdhury and Jomo Kwame Sundaram
SYDNEY & KUALA LUMPUR, Jul 16 2018 (IPS) - The United States has had the world’s largest trade deficit for almost half a century. In 2017, the US trade deficit in goods and services was $566 billion; without services, the merchandise account deficit was $810 billion.
IPS Daily Report
- Lessons From China: Fostering Agricultural Growth and Poverty Reduction April 18, 2019 Daud Khan
- ‘You Cannot Muzzle the Media’: Nigerian Journalists on Press Freedom under Buhari April 17, 2019 Jonathan Rozen
- Pakistan’s Battle Against Climate Change April 17, 2019 Mushahid Hussain
- Nicaraguans “Will Not Be Silenced” April 17, 2019 Tharanga Yakupitiyage
- U.S. Needs to Shift to More Sustainable Agriculture—As Do All Countries April 17, 2019 James Jeffrey