By : Carmen Arroyo
NEW YORK, Feb 12 2019 (IPS) - One chilly afternoon in November 2005, Hilarino came by Pedro’s house in Oaxaca, Mexico, driving a shiny red car.
“Pedro!” he shouted, “We are leaving in March. There is a route North to the U.S. that passes along the sea.”
UNITED NATIONS, Sep 30 2018 (IPS) - When the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) was founded eight years ago, the general public thought that renewable energies would never replace oil and coal. Today, the tables have turned.
IPS Daily Report
- International Aid Feeds Hope and Fuels Confrontation in Venezuela February 16, 2019 Humberto Marquez
- Dismantling Sexual Health Stigma in India February 15, 2019 Natasha Chaudhary
- Q&A: Suriname’s President Champions Preserving the World’s Forests February 15, 2019 Desmond Brown
- Bringing #MeToo to the Fashion Industry February 15, 2019 Tharanga Yakupitiyage
- ‘Today, We Declare Our Love to Our Forests and Ecosystems’ February 15, 2019 Desmond Brown