By : Carmen Arroyo
NEW YORK, Feb 12 2019 (IPS) - One chilly afternoon in November 2005, Hilarino came by Pedro’s house in Oaxaca, Mexico, driving a shiny red car.
“Pedro!” he shouted, “We are leaving in March. There is a route North to the U.S. that passes along the sea.”
UNITED NATIONS, Sep 30 2018 (IPS) - When the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) was founded eight years ago, the general public thought that renewable energies would never replace oil and coal. Today, the tables have turned.
IPS Daily Report
- Sustainable Measures Help Farmers Script a Positive Story Amid COVID-19 Uncertainty November 26, 2020 Stella Paul
- G20 Puts More into Fossil Than Green Energy in Covid-19 Recovery Packages November 26, 2020 Fermin Koop
- Millions of New Poor Are on the Way – Who Cares? November 26, 2020 Roberto Savio
- Can Africa’s Third Industrial Development Decade Deliver? November 26, 2020 Jenny Larsen
- Q&A: Mro Indigenous Community Plea for Halt of Construction of 5-Star Hotel November 25, 2020 Samira Sadeque