By : Jomo Kwame Sundaram and Anis Chowdhury
KUALA LUMPUR and SYDNEY, Sep 1 2020 (IPS) - After accusing the World Health Organization (WHO) of pro-China bias, President Donald Trump announced US withdrawal from the UN agency. Although the US created the UN system for the post-Second World War new international order, Washington has often had to struggle in recent decades to ensure that it continues to serve changing US interests.
IPS Daily Report
- We are Facing a Climate Emergency, Warns UN Chief January 26, 2021 Guterres
- Implementation Research to Achieve Health Related #SDGs January 26, 2021 Shafi Bhuiyan
- Global Economic Recovery Remains Precarious in post-COVID-19 Years January 26, 2021 External Source
- International Partnership Helps Mongolia Counter Climate Change January 26, 2021 Manipadma Jena
- Poor Lives Matter, but Less January 26, 2021 Jomo Kwame Sundaram