By : Kip Tom
ROME, Jun 18 2019 (IPS) - With each passing day, the world gets just a little smaller as the internet and cell phones bring our communities together, reveal our shared challenges, and lay bare our failures. As global citizens, we are all concerned about the growing number of hungry people around the world and the threats to food security. The simple fact is that more than 800 million people go hungry every day, and if that number shocks you, know that experts predict the number to grow significantly over the next ten years.
IPS Daily Report
- OECD Tax Reform Proposal Could Be Better October 15, 2019 Anis Chowdhury and Jomo Kwame Sundaram
- Vibrant Civil Society Essential for Sustainable Development in Iran October 15, 2019 Sohrab Razzaghi and Masana Ndinga-Kanga
- Stop the Waste: UN Food Agencies Call for Action to Reduce Global Hunger October 15, 2019 External Source
- The IPCC’s Special Report on Oceans and Cryosphere – What it means for Africa’s coastal cities October 15, 2019 Kate Strachan
- Why Are So Many Nepali Workers in Korea Committing Suicide? October 15, 2019 Ki Mindo