By : Kip Tom
ROME, Jun 18 2019 (IPS) - With each passing day, the world gets just a little smaller as the internet and cell phones bring our communities together, reveal our shared challenges, and lay bare our failures. As global citizens, we are all concerned about the growing number of hungry people around the world and the threats to food security. The simple fact is that more than 800 million people go hungry every day, and if that number shocks you, know that experts predict the number to grow significantly over the next ten years.
IPS Daily Report
- Q&A: COVID-19 has Pushed Women Peacebuilders from Key Leadership Roles October 30, 2020 Samira Sadeque
- US Groups Linked to COVID Conspiracies Pour Millions of ‘Dark Money’ into Latin America October 30, 2020 Diana Cariboni and Isabella Cota
- The rise in plastic pollution during Covid-19 crisis October 30, 2020 Farah Kabir and Anhara Rabbani
- 20th Anniversary of UNSCR 1325: Much Remains to Be Done October 30, 2020 Ambassador Anwarul K. Chowdhury
- In the Face of a Pandemic, the World Turns to Trade October 29, 2020 Emilio Godoy