By : Kip Tom
ROME, Jun 18 2019 (IPS) - With each passing day, the world gets just a little smaller as the internet and cell phones bring our communities together, reveal our shared challenges, and lay bare our failures. As global citizens, we are all concerned about the growing number of hungry people around the world and the threats to food security. The simple fact is that more than 800 million people go hungry every day, and if that number shocks you, know that experts predict the number to grow significantly over the next ten years.
IPS Daily Report
- Replacing Monopolies with Impact Rewards September 24, 2021 Thomas Pogge
- ‘Building Back Better’: Jordan’s Road to Green Economic Recovery September 24, 2021 Sania Farooqui
- Scientific Panel’s Scoping Report Instructive for Global Food Systems Transformation September 24, 2021 Alison Kentish
- With the World Bank’s “Doing Business” Out of Business, What Should Come Next? September 24, 2021 Ian Richards
- How Satellite Technologies Can Aid Fiji, Other Pacific Island Nations to Build Climate Resilience September 23, 2021 Neena Bhandari