By : Nadia Kanji
UNITED NATIONS, Jul 25 2019 (IPS) - Human trafficking for sexual exploitation has been steadily increasing in Canada. The most recent statistics indicate that 2016 had the highest recorded rate of human trafficking, with one police-reported incident for every 100,000 people in Canada. Despite these staggering numbers, reported cases make up just a small part of a larger, secretive industry where most incidents of sex trafficking fall under the radar.
IPS Daily Report
- For Love or Land – The Debate about Kenyan Women’s Rights to Matrimonial Property June 1, 2020 Miriam Gathigah
- Two-thirds of Tropical Forests ‘Under Threat in Next Decade’ June 1, 2020 Bruno de Pierro
- The Consequential Effects of Covid-19 on the Climate Crisis June 1, 2020 Osagyefo Amoatia Ofori Panin Okyenhene
- Young People are Key to a Nicotine-free Future: Five Steps to Stop them Smoking May 31, 2020 External Source
- Elimination of Leprosy May 29, 2020 External Source