By : Nadia Kanji
UNITED NATIONS, Jul 25 2019 (IPS) - Human trafficking for sexual exploitation has been steadily increasing in Canada. The most recent statistics indicate that 2016 had the highest recorded rate of human trafficking, with one police-reported incident for every 100,000 people in Canada. Despite these staggering numbers, reported cases make up just a small part of a larger, secretive industry where most incidents of sex trafficking fall under the radar.
IPS Daily Report
- OECD Tax Reform Proposal Could Be Better October 15, 2019 Anis Chowdhury and Jomo Kwame Sundaram
- Vibrant Civil Society Essential for Sustainable Development in Iran October 15, 2019 Sohrab Razzaghi and Masana Ndinga-Kanga
- Stop the Waste: UN Food Agencies Call for Action to Reduce Global Hunger October 15, 2019 External Source
- The IPCC’s Special Report on Oceans and Cryosphere – What it means for Africa’s coastal cities October 15, 2019 Kate Strachan
- Why Are So Many Nepali Workers in Korea Committing Suicide? October 15, 2019 Ki Mindo