By : Tharanga Yakupitiyage
UNITED NATIONS, Mar 9 2019 (IPS) - The international community must extend protections for Venezuelans in light of a growing humanitarian crisis with no end in sight.
Human Rights Watch has urged governments in the Americas to provide temporary protection to the millions of Venezuelans fleeing a severe humanitarian crisis.
UNITED NATIONS, Mar 8 2019 (IPS) - It is time to rise up and fight a long neglected taboo: menstruation.
Marking International Women’s Day, United Nations human rights experts called on the international community to break taboos around menstruation, noting its impacts on women and girls’ human rights.
The global #MeToo movement has put a spotlight on sexual harassment and violence in various industries including the film and music industries. Is it now time for the fashion industry to address these issues within their supply chains, one organisation says. Coinciding with the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Forum on Due Diligence […]
UNITED NATIONS, Feb 7 2019 (IPS) - Sustainable land management is becoming more important than ever as rates of emissions, deforestation, and water scarcity continue to increase. But what if you don’t have rights to the land?
While the impact of agriculture on land is well known, the relationship between land degradation and land tenure seems to be less understood.
UNITED NATIONS, Feb 4 2019 (IPS) - Humans have long had a varied and complicated relationship with nature—from its aesthetic value to its economic value to its protective value. What if you could measure and analyse these values? One group is trying to do just that.
IPS Daily Report
- Russia and Syria in the Spotlight for Latest Idlib Medic Deaths August 16, 2019 James Reinl
- A Key Role for 1.8 Billion Youth in UN’s 2030 Development Agenda August 16, 2019 Thalif Deen
- Establishing a Science & Technology Park is No Walk in the Park August 16, 2019 Tengfei Wang
- Forests, Food & Farming Next Frontier in Climate Emergency August 16, 2019 Ruth Richardson
- Producing Energy from Pig and Poultry Waste in Brazil August 16, 2019 Mario Osava