Human Trafficking 2019
UNITED NATIONS, Oct 2 2019 (IPS) - Financiers in Wall Street, the City of London and other banking centres should play a bigger role in freeing the millions of people who endure slave-like working conditions globally, according to a new study.
UNITED NATIONS, Jul 25 2019 (IPS) - Human trafficking for sexual exploitation has been steadily increasing in Canada. The most recent statistics indicate that 2016 had the highest recorded rate of human trafficking, with one police-reported incident for every 100,000 people in Canada. Despite these staggering numbers, reported cases make up just a small part of a larger, secretive industry where most incidents of sex trafficking fall under the radar.
IPS Daily Report
- Building Back Greener in Africa July 7, 2020 Umberto Labate
- Innovative Financial Approaches Key to Unleash SIDS Economic Potential July 7, 2020 Ambassador Lois M Young
- Online Education Moved to Top of Agenda by Indian State after IPS Reports Risks of Unequal Access July 7, 2020 Manipadma Jena
- Non-formal Education Helps Senegalese Women Combat FGM and Harmful Practices July 7, 2020 Stella Paul
- Donald Trump, Working Class Hero? July 7, 2020 Anis Chowdhury and Jomo Kwame Sundaram