Companies, governments and non-profit actors agree that economic growth and sustainable development have to go hand in hand to shape our increasingly globalised world in a fair way. Yet a meeting of leaders from the business, government and non-profit sectors at the UN this week showed that there is still a long way to go in […]
Daylesford, Australia, Jun 1 2016 (IPS) - Islamophobia has become a significant factor driving politics in many Western countries.
Islamophobia – fear of Muslims – is now highly visible among European populations concerned about terrorist responses from Islamic groups claiming Jihadi links.
Daylesford, Australia, May 12 2016 (IPS) - A previously little-known law firm called Mossack Fonseca, based in Panama, has recently been exposed as one of the world’s major creators of ‘shell companies’, that is, corporate structures that can be used to hide the ownership of assets. This can be done legally but shell companies of this nature are widely used for illegal purposes such as tax evasion and money laundering of proceeds from criminal activity.
IPS Daily Report
- High Global Fertiliser Prices Overshadow Malawi’s Farm Subsidy Programme November 29, 2021 Charles Mpaka
- Pakistan: Gender-Intentional Policy Can Make Agent Banking Work Better November 29, 2021 Kathryn Imboden and Naeha Rashid
- UNESCO Member States Adopt Recommended Ethics for AI November 26, 2021 SWAN - Southern World Arts News
- School Meals Coalition Hopes to Provide a Meal to Every Child November 26, 2021 Naureen Hossain
- Growing Amazon Deforestation a Grave Threat to Global Climate November 26, 2021 Mario Osava