UNITED NATIONS, May 21 2019 (IPS) - Antimicrobial resistance is quickly becoming a global crisis and risks reversing a century of progress in health. Some organisations have already geared up and are tackling the issue from its roots.
WASHINGTON, D.C., Apr 17 2019 (IPS) - Water supply has long been a key issue in California. Today it is no less critical, especially given the years of drought that California is experiencing, lending additional impetus to assessing the impact of agriculture on water.
UNITED NATIONS, Apr 11 2019 (IPS) - While figures have dropped, the “inhuman” use of the death penalty still remains too common worldwide, a human rights group said.
AUSTIN, United States, Apr 9 2019 (IPS) - There’s much to think about regarding food this month. April is Reducing Food Waste Month in the United States, as efforts mount here to reduce food loss and waste, while globally Sunday Apr. 7 was World Heath Day.
NEW YORK, Apr 9 2019 (IPS) - Prostitution policies are bubbling up again in legislative circles across the United States, but few representatives seem to have much clarity on the issue. 2020 presidential candidate Senator Kamala Harris has given mixed messages on her thinking, while Bernie Sanders has said he simply has “no answer.”
WASHINGTON DC, Apr 4 2019 (IPS) - While residents across Prince Rupert, British Columbia are once again able to get safe drinking water from their taps, the boil-water advisory lifted there in late January should not be forgotten. Canada is a freshwater-rich country, but the time for complacency on essential water issues has long passed. Most people living in Canada have access to safe water. But drinking water advisories in the country about unsafe water have been concentrated in First Nation communities.
IPS Daily Report
- Public-Private Partnerships Fad Fails May 21, 2019 Jomo Kwame Sundaram
- Rohingya Repatriation: Many twists and turns but no solution in sight yet May 21, 2019 Mohammad Zaman
- Partnerships to Promote Equality for LGBTI People May 21, 2019 Inka Mattila
- “We need to move beyond mere tolerance and towards empathy to truly celebrate cultural diversity,” says the Executive Director of the Geneva Centre May 21, 2019 Geneva Centre
- Does God Hate Women? A Bangladeshi Murder Case May 20, 2019 Jan Lundius