UNITED NATIONS, Jun 13 2019 (IPS) - While cities around the world have been providing safe havens to refugees, a few US cities in the Upstate New York region have been integrating refugees and asylum-seekers into their communities.
UNITED NATIONS, May 27 2019 (IPS) - It’s time to end sexual and gender-based violence once and for all, participants of a two-day conference said.
UNITED NATIONS, Apr 11 2019 (IPS) - While figures have dropped, the “inhuman” use of the death penalty still remains too common worldwide, a human rights group said.
UNITED NATIONS, Mar 19 2019 (IPS) - Modern slavery and human trafficking is one of the fastest growing criminal industries and one of the biggest human rights crises today, United Nations and government officials said.
UNITED NATIONS, Mar 9 2019 (IPS) - The international community must extend protections for Venezuelans in light of a growing humanitarian crisis with no end in sight.
Human Rights Watch has urged governments in the Americas to provide temporary protection to the millions of Venezuelans fleeing a severe humanitarian crisis.
UNITED NATIONS, Mar 8 2019 (IPS) - It is time to rise up and fight a long neglected taboo: menstruation.
Marking International Women’s Day, United Nations human rights experts called on the international community to break taboos around menstruation, noting its impacts on women and girls’ human rights.
IPS Daily Report
- As Sudan Struggles, AU Should Press for Justice and Accountability June 18, 2019 Carine Kaneza Nantulya
- Desertification ‘More Dangerous and More Insidious than Wars’ June 18, 2019 Desmond Brown
- The Importance of the Upcoming FAO Election June 18, 2019 Kip Tom
- UN’s Development Goals Remain Largely Elusive June 18, 2019 Thalif Deen
- Celebrating 25 years and growing the future together June 17, 2019 UNCCD Media Advisory