IPS/Inter Press Service – North America, Inc. was established in July 1997 as a not-for-profit corporation in the State of New York . The Organisation is exempt from income taxes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The purpose of the Organisation is to enhance the free flow and dissemination of newsworthy information to and from developing nations to the North American media, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), policy-makers at the United Nations and specialised UN agencies, learning institutions and other organisations that are involved in social, economic and educational issues affecting primarily developing countries.
Our news service aims to strengthen South-South and South-North flows of information by making news about the developing world available to these entities.
Specially edited for the region’s readership, the news service distributed by IPS North America is a selection of independent, international news and features or services which focus on reporting global processes and issues of development in the countries of the South.
As part of what is known as “development journalism”, our news service aims to help correct the imbalance of news provided by the mainstream media by providing contextualised news that focuses less on specific news events and more on the processes, institutions and trends which make those events understandable to readers , from U.S. environmental policy to the work of the World Bank and the United Nations system.
IPS Daily Report
- Table Banking Helping Women in Kenya to Put Food on the Table October 15, 2021 Joyce Chimbi
- Inclusive Education to Break the Cycles of Poverty October 15, 2021 Olivier De Schutter and Donald Lee
- QE, or No QE, That is the Question? October 15, 2021 Alexander Kozul-Wright
- Argentina’s Small Farming Communities Reach Consumers Online October 14, 2021 Daniel Gutman
- World Food Day 2021 October 14, 2021 External Source