By : Ambassador Anwarul Chowdhury
NEW YORK, Sep 13 2021 (IPS) - Today, on 13 September 2021, the UN Declaration and Programme of Action adopted by the General Assembly in 1999 will be turning 22.
You would recall that the 20th anniversary of The Culture of Peace of its adoption by the world’s highest multilateral body in 2019 was observed by the United Nations in an appropriate and befitting manner, as called for by the Assembly. It was an occasion for reiteration and recommitment by us all to create the culture of peace in our world, beginning with each one of us.
IPS Daily Report
- Table Banking Helping Women in Kenya to Put Food on the Table October 15, 2021 Joyce Chimbi
- Inclusive Education to Break the Cycles of Poverty October 15, 2021 Olivier De Schutter and Donald Lee
- QE, or No QE, That is the Question? October 15, 2021 Alexander Kozul-Wright
- Argentina’s Small Farming Communities Reach Consumers Online October 14, 2021 Daniel Gutman
- World Food Day 2021 October 14, 2021 External Source