By : Ariana Sawyer
SAN FRANCISCO, California, US, Jul 18 2019 (IPS) - On the 2,000-mile journey from San Pedro Sula, Honduras, to the US-Mexico border, the 20-year-old asylum seeker and her 16-year-old brother took turns sleeping every time they managed to catch a ride or get on a bus. She told me they kept each other safe that way.
IPS Daily Report
- Russia and Syria in the Spotlight for Latest Idlib Medic Deaths August 16, 2019 James Reinl
- A Key Role for 1.8 Billion Youth in UN’s 2030 Development Agenda August 16, 2019 Thalif Deen
- Establishing a Science & Technology Park is No Walk in the Park August 16, 2019 Tengfei Wang
- Forests, Food & Farming Next Frontier in Climate Emergency August 16, 2019 Ruth Richardson
- Producing Energy from Pig and Poultry Waste in Brazil August 16, 2019 Mario Osava