By : Emily Thampoe
UNITED NATIONS, Jun 13 2019 (IPS) - While cities around the world have been providing safe havens to refugees, a few US cities in the Upstate New York region have been integrating refugees and asylum-seekers into their communities.
UNITED NATIONS, Sep 19 2018 (IPS) - When it was time for Joe Lupinacci to graduate from his high school in Stamford, Connecticut, he knew he wanted to go to college. While other students were deciding which college to apply to, the choice required more thought and research on Lupinacci and his parents’ part. Lupinacci, who has Down Syndrome, needed a college that would meet his needs.
IPS Daily Report
- Replacing Monopolies with Impact Rewards September 24, 2021 Thomas Pogge
- ‘Building Back Better’: Jordan’s Road to Green Economic Recovery September 24, 2021 Sania Farooqui
- Scientific Panel’s Scoping Report Instructive for Global Food Systems Transformation September 24, 2021 Alison Kentish
- With the World Bank’s “Doing Business” Out of Business, What Should Come Next? September 24, 2021 Ian Richards
- How Satellite Technologies Can Aid Fiji, Other Pacific Island Nations to Build Climate Resilience September 23, 2021 Neena Bhandari