By : Emily Thampoe
UNITED NATIONS, Jun 13 2019 (IPS) - While cities around the world have been providing safe havens to refugees, a few US cities in the Upstate New York region have been integrating refugees and asylum-seekers into their communities.
UNITED NATIONS, Sep 19 2018 (IPS) - When it was time for Joe Lupinacci to graduate from his high school in Stamford, Connecticut, he knew he wanted to go to college. While other students were deciding which college to apply to, the choice required more thought and research on Lupinacci and his parents’ part. Lupinacci, who has Down Syndrome, needed a college that would meet his needs.
IPS Daily Report
- How Skills Can Change Lives of World’s Youth July 18, 2019 Lakshi De Vass Gunawardena
- UN Report Shows Mixed Results in Meeting SDGs July 18, 2019 Daniel Yang
- Desperation and Fear on the Mexican Border July 18, 2019 Ariana Sawyer
- The Road to Zero Hunger July 17, 2019 Lakshi De Vass Gunawardena
- The Geneva Centre issues publication on enhancing access to justice for workers in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) July 17, 2019 Geneva Centre