By : Emily Thampoe
UNITED NATIONS, Jun 13 2019 (IPS) - While cities around the world have been providing safe havens to refugees, a few US cities in the Upstate New York region have been integrating refugees and asylum-seekers into their communities.
UNITED NATIONS, Sep 19 2018 (IPS) - When it was time for Joe Lupinacci to graduate from his high school in Stamford, Connecticut, he knew he wanted to go to college. While other students were deciding which college to apply to, the choice required more thought and research on Lupinacci and his parents’ part. Lupinacci, who has Down Syndrome, needed a college that would meet his needs.
IPS Daily Report
- OECD Tax Reform Proposal Could Be Better October 15, 2019 Anis Chowdhury and Jomo Kwame Sundaram
- Vibrant Civil Society Essential for Sustainable Development in Iran October 15, 2019 Sohrab Razzaghi and Masana Ndinga-Kanga
- Stop the Waste: UN Food Agencies Call for Action to Reduce Global Hunger October 15, 2019 External Source
- The IPCC’s Special Report on Oceans and Cryosphere – What it means for Africa’s coastal cities October 15, 2019 Kate Strachan
- Why Are So Many Nepali Workers in Korea Committing Suicide? October 15, 2019 Ki Mindo