By : Esther Ngumbi
ILLINOIS, United States, Apr 6 2020 (IPS) - During a crisis, such as the novel coronavirus, whose impact changes with every passing minute, the urge to listen to and watch the news, and get firsthand insights and real time updates can be constant. Indeed, millions of Americans are frequently checking the news. I know I am. What I’ve noticed on three of the major TV stations I’ve watched across the day is the absence of diversity in the experts commenting on the pandemic. This is inexcusable.
IPS Daily Report
- Building Back Greener in Africa July 7, 2020 Umberto Labate
- Innovative Financial Approaches Key to Unleash SIDS Economic Potential July 7, 2020 Ambassador Lois M Young
- Online Education Moved to Top of Agenda by Indian State after IPS Reports Risks of Unequal Access July 7, 2020 Manipadma Jena
- Non-formal Education Helps Senegalese Women Combat FGM and Harmful Practices July 7, 2020 Stella Paul
- Donald Trump, Working Class Hero? July 7, 2020 Anis Chowdhury and Jomo Kwame Sundaram