By : Greg Benchwick
WASHINGTON DC, Aug 6 2019 (IPS) - Over 100 years ago a little brown passenger pigeon named Martha died in the Cincinnati Zoo. She was the last of her breed. Just like that, in an instant, a bird species that had once numbered in the billions was wiped out forever.
IPS Daily Report
- Kashmir Now Hotspot of Illegal Riverbed Mining August 3, 2020 Athar Parvaiz
- With Proper Investment in Youth, Kenya’s Potential for Progress Is Unlimited August 3, 2020 Ruth Kagia and Siddharth Chatterjee
- SDGs: Accelerating Action & Transformative Pathways through Nature-based Solutions August 3, 2020 Haoliang Xu
- The COVID-19 Plastic Pandemic August 3, 2020 Sonia Awale and Ramesh Kumar
- Why the African Free Trade Area Could be the Game-Changer for the Continent’s Economies August 2, 2020 External Source