By : Greg Benchwick
WASHINGTON DC, Aug 6 2019 (IPS) - Over 100 years ago a little brown passenger pigeon named Martha died in the Cincinnati Zoo. She was the last of her breed. Just like that, in an instant, a bird species that had once numbered in the billions was wiped out forever.
IPS Daily Report
- High Global Fertiliser Prices Overshadow Malawi’s Farm Subsidy Programme November 29, 2021 Charles Mpaka
- Pakistan: Gender-Intentional Policy Can Make Agent Banking Work Better November 29, 2021 Kathryn Imboden and Naeha Rashid
- UNESCO Member States Adopt Recommended Ethics for AI November 26, 2021 SWAN - Southern World Arts News
- School Meals Coalition Hopes to Provide a Meal to Every Child November 26, 2021 Naureen Hossain
- Growing Amazon Deforestation a Grave Threat to Global Climate November 26, 2021 Mario Osava