By : James Jeffrey
WASHINGTON, D.C., Apr 17 2019 (IPS) - Water supply has long been a key issue in California. Today it is no less critical, especially given the years of drought that California is experiencing, lending additional impetus to assessing the impact of agriculture on water.
AUSTIN, United States, Apr 9 2019 (IPS) - There’s much to think about regarding food this month. April is Reducing Food Waste Month in the United States, as efforts mount here to reduce food loss and waste, while globally Sunday Apr. 7 was World Heath Day.
WASHINGTON, May 10 2018 (IPS) - The April inauguration of Ethiopia’s new Prime Minister came amid much fanfare and raised expectations for the future of true democracy in Ethiopia, while far less publicized though relevant developments in the American capital could also play a significant role in shaping that future.
IPS Daily Report
- Lessons From China: Fostering Agricultural Growth and Poverty Reduction April 18, 2019 Daud Khan
- ‘You Cannot Muzzle the Media’: Nigerian Journalists on Press Freedom under Buhari April 17, 2019 Jonathan Rozen
- Pakistan’s Battle Against Climate Change April 17, 2019 Mushahid Hussain
- Nicaraguans “Will Not Be Silenced” April 17, 2019 Tharanga Yakupitiyage
- U.S. Needs to Shift to More Sustainable Agriculture—As Do All Countries April 17, 2019 James Jeffrey