By : James Reinl
UNITED NATIONS, Jul 2 2019 (IPS) - The United States-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) have struck a deal with the United Nations to stop using child soldiers across swathes of eastern Syria under their control and to release all youngsters from their ranks, the U.N. announced Monday.
IPS Daily Report
- How Skills Can Change Lives of World’s Youth July 18, 2019 Lakshi De Vass Gunawardena
- UN Report Shows Mixed Results in Meeting SDGs July 18, 2019 Daniel Yang
- Desperation and Fear on the Mexican Border July 18, 2019 Ariana Sawyer
- The Road to Zero Hunger July 17, 2019 Lakshi De Vass Gunawardena
- The Geneva Centre issues publication on enhancing access to justice for workers in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) July 17, 2019 Geneva Centre