By : James Reinl
UNITED NATIONS, Sep 19 2019 (IPS) - A New York library appeared to bow to pressure this week when it canceled an event that was being co-hosted by Saudi Arabia’s crown prince Mohammad bin Salman, who is accused of a range of human rights abuses.
UNITED NATIONS, Sep 18 2019 (IPS) - The United Nations faces growing public opposition to an event it is co-hosting with a Saudi Arabian charity only days before the anniversary of the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
UNITED NATIONS, Sep 13 2019 (IPS) - World leaders attending this month’s United Nations General Assembly should listen harder to scientists if they want to tackle climate change and meet global anti-poverty targets, U.N. experts warned this week.
UNITED NATIONS, Aug 6 2019 (IPS) - Two major humanitarian groups have warned that United States sanctions on Iran are stopping cash flows for vital humanitarian work in the country, adding another complication to the growing rift between Washington and Tehran.
UNITED NATIONS, Jul 2 2019 (IPS) - The United States-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) have struck a deal with the United Nations to stop using child soldiers across swathes of eastern Syria under their control and to release all youngsters from their ranks, the U.N. announced Monday.
IPS Daily Report
- Women In Leadership: A Q&A with President Sahle-Work Zewde September 20, 2019 Katja Iversen
- A Brief Guide to the Impacts of Climate Change on Food Production September 20, 2019 Daisy Simmons
- ‘I Want my Kids to Know What a Rhino and Turtle Are’ – #ClimateStrike Kids Say September 20, 2019 Crystal Orderson
- Hiring for Inclusion September 20, 2019 Meera Shenoy
- Why We Need Religion More than Ever in the Pursuit of Peace September 20, 2019 Blerim Mustafa