By : Jan Lundius
STOCKHOLM / ROME, Jun 17 2019 (IPS) - A friend of mine who became wealthy as an art dealer but eventually lost his fortune told me: “Money isn´t everything, but it helps.” This made me think of Donald Trump, who likes to describe himself as an entrepreneur, i.e. ”owner of a business enterprise who, by risk and initiative, attempts to make profits.”1 The keyword is profits. According to Trump, success is measured through wealth. Like chess and poker, entrepreneurship is about winning and losing. Trump characterizes people he dislikes as losers, while he considers himself to be a winner.
IPS Daily Report
- How Skills Can Change Lives of World’s Youth July 18, 2019 Lakshi De Vass Gunawardena
- UN Report Shows Mixed Results in Meeting SDGs July 18, 2019 Daniel Yang
- Desperation and Fear on the Mexican Border July 18, 2019 Ariana Sawyer
- The Road to Zero Hunger July 17, 2019 Lakshi De Vass Gunawardena
- The Geneva Centre issues publication on enhancing access to justice for workers in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) July 17, 2019 Geneva Centre