By : Juan Pablo Segura
WASHINGTON DC, Jun 7 2019 (IPS) - The maternal mortality rate in the United States is the highest of any developed country – and the rate is rising. The US is currently the most dangerous place to give birth in the developed world.
IPS Daily Report
- Q&A: COVID-19 has Pushed Women Peacebuilders from Key Leadership Roles October 30, 2020 Samira Sadeque
- US Groups Linked to COVID Conspiracies Pour Millions of ‘Dark Money’ into Latin America October 30, 2020 Diana Cariboni and Isabella Cota
- The rise in plastic pollution during Covid-19 crisis October 30, 2020 Farah Kabir and Anhara Rabbani
- 20th Anniversary of UNSCR 1325: Much Remains to Be Done October 30, 2020 Ambassador Anwarul K. Chowdhury
- In the Face of a Pandemic, the World Turns to Trade October 29, 2020 Emilio Godoy