By : Kenton X. Chance
KINGSTOWN, Nov 6 2018 (IPS) - As a child growing up in Mayreau four decades ago, Filius “Philman” Ollivierre remembers a 70-foot-wide span of land, with the sea on either side that made the rest of the 1.5-square mile island one with Mount Carbuit.
ROAD TOWN, British Virgin Islands, Sep 15 2017 (IPS) - When Hurricane Irma ripped through the British Virgins Islands on Sept. 6, claiming seven lives, injuring an unknown number of people and destroying built infrastructure as well as significantly damaging the natural environment, the ferocity of the storm shocked many of the islands’ residents, including 72-year-old Egbert Smith, who has lived through plenty of severe storms.
KINGSTOWN, St. Vincent, Aug 31 2017 (IPS) - The government of St. Vincent and the Grenadines says it hopes that the devastating loss and damage that Hurricane Harvey has wrought in Texas might inspire the government of President Donald Trump to rethink its position on climate change.
KINGSTOWN, St. Vincent, Jul 4 2017 (IPS) - A leading climate change mitigation and adaptation activist and former climate negotiator in the Caribbean says that the United States could protect its economic and political interest by helping the region to go green.
IPS Daily Report
- Table Banking Helping Women in Kenya to Put Food on the Table October 15, 2021 Joyce Chimbi
- Inclusive Education to Break the Cycles of Poverty October 15, 2021 Olivier De Schutter and Donald Lee
- QE, or No QE, That is the Question? October 15, 2021 Alexander Kozul-Wright
- Argentina’s Small Farming Communities Reach Consumers Online October 14, 2021 Daniel Gutman
- World Food Day 2021 October 14, 2021 External Source