By : Marcos Orellana
WASHINGTON DC, Apr 4 2019 (IPS) - While residents across Prince Rupert, British Columbia are once again able to get safe drinking water from their taps, the boil-water advisory lifted there in late January should not be forgotten. Canada is a freshwater-rich country, but the time for complacency on essential water issues has long passed. Most people living in Canada have access to safe water. But drinking water advisories in the country about unsafe water have been concentrated in First Nation communities.
IPS Daily Report
- For Love or Land – The Debate about Kenyan Women’s Rights to Matrimonial Property June 1, 2020 Miriam Gathigah
- Two-thirds of Tropical Forests ‘Under Threat in Next Decade’ June 1, 2020 Bruno de Pierro
- The Consequential Effects of Covid-19 on the Climate Crisis June 1, 2020 Osagyefo Amoatia Ofori Panin Okyenhene
- Young People are Key to a Nicotine-free Future: Five Steps to Stop them Smoking May 31, 2020 External Source
- Elimination of Leprosy May 29, 2020 External Source