By : Marcos Orellana
WASHINGTON DC, Apr 4 2019 (IPS) - While residents across Prince Rupert, British Columbia are once again able to get safe drinking water from their taps, the boil-water advisory lifted there in late January should not be forgotten. Canada is a freshwater-rich country, but the time for complacency on essential water issues has long passed. Most people living in Canada have access to safe water. But drinking water advisories in the country about unsafe water have been concentrated in First Nation communities.
IPS Daily Report
- As Sudan Struggles, AU Should Press for Justice and Accountability June 18, 2019 Carine Kaneza Nantulya
- Desertification ‘More Dangerous and More Insidious than Wars’ June 18, 2019 Desmond Brown
- The Importance of the Upcoming FAO Election June 18, 2019 Kip Tom
- UN’s Development Goals Remain Largely Elusive June 18, 2019 Thalif Deen
- Celebrating 25 years and growing the future together June 17, 2019 UNCCD Media Advisory