By : Marcos Orellana
WASHINGTON DC, Apr 4 2019 (IPS) - While residents across Prince Rupert, British Columbia are once again able to get safe drinking water from their taps, the boil-water advisory lifted there in late January should not be forgotten. Canada is a freshwater-rich country, but the time for complacency on essential water issues has long passed. Most people living in Canada have access to safe water. But drinking water advisories in the country about unsafe water have been concentrated in First Nation communities.
IPS Daily Report
- Fighting Loss of the Greater Mekong’s Prized Rosewood Forests November 30, 2021 Catherine Wilson
- How to Tackle the Femicide Epidemic November 30, 2021 Jade Levell
- Profiting from the Carbon Offset Distraction November 30, 2021 Anis Chowdhury and Jomo Kwame Sundaram
- High Global Fertiliser Prices Overshadow Malawi’s Farm Subsidy Programme November 29, 2021 Charles Mpaka
- Pakistan: Gender-Intentional Policy Can Make Agent Banking Work Better November 29, 2021 Kathryn Imboden and Naeha Rashid