By : Marcos Orellana
WASHINGTON DC, Apr 4 2019 (IPS) - While residents across Prince Rupert, British Columbia are once again able to get safe drinking water from their taps, the boil-water advisory lifted there in late January should not be forgotten. Canada is a freshwater-rich country, but the time for complacency on essential water issues has long passed. Most people living in Canada have access to safe water. But drinking water advisories in the country about unsafe water have been concentrated in First Nation communities.
IPS Daily Report
- Sustainable Measures Help Farmers Script a Positive Story Amid COVID-19 Uncertainty November 26, 2020 Stella Paul
- G20 Puts More into Fossil Than Green Energy in Covid-19 Recovery Packages November 26, 2020 Fermin Koop
- Millions of New Poor Are on the Way – Who Cares? November 26, 2020 Roberto Savio
- Can Africa’s Third Industrial Development Decade Deliver? November 26, 2020 Jenny Larsen
- Q&A: Mro Indigenous Community Plea for Halt of Construction of 5-Star Hotel November 25, 2020 Samira Sadeque