By : Marcos Orellana
WASHINGTON DC, Apr 4 2019 (IPS) - While residents across Prince Rupert, British Columbia are once again able to get safe drinking water from their taps, the boil-water advisory lifted there in late January should not be forgotten. Canada is a freshwater-rich country, but the time for complacency on essential water issues has long passed. Most people living in Canada have access to safe water. But drinking water advisories in the country about unsafe water have been concentrated in First Nation communities.
IPS Daily Report
- Lessons From China: Fostering Agricultural Growth and Poverty Reduction April 18, 2019 Daud Khan
- ‘You Cannot Muzzle the Media’: Nigerian Journalists on Press Freedom under Buhari April 17, 2019 Jonathan Rozen
- Pakistan’s Battle Against Climate Change April 17, 2019 Mushahid Hussain
- Nicaraguans “Will Not Be Silenced” April 17, 2019 Tharanga Yakupitiyage
- U.S. Needs to Shift to More Sustainable Agriculture—As Do All Countries April 17, 2019 James Jeffrey