By : Marcos Orellana
WASHINGTON DC, Apr 4 2019 (IPS) - While residents across Prince Rupert, British Columbia are once again able to get safe drinking water from their taps, the boil-water advisory lifted there in late January should not be forgotten. Canada is a freshwater-rich country, but the time for complacency on essential water issues has long passed. Most people living in Canada have access to safe water. But drinking water advisories in the country about unsafe water have been concentrated in First Nation communities.
IPS Daily Report
- Russia and Syria in the Spotlight for Latest Idlib Medic Deaths August 16, 2019 James Reinl
- A Key Role for 1.8 Billion Youth in UN’s 2030 Development Agenda August 16, 2019 Thalif Deen
- Establishing a Science & Technology Park is No Walk in the Park August 16, 2019 Tengfei Wang
- Forests, Food & Farming Next Frontier in Climate Emergency August 16, 2019 Ruth Richardson
- Producing Energy from Pig and Poultry Waste in Brazil August 16, 2019 Mario Osava