By : Martin Khor
Martin Khor is Executive Director of the South Centre, a think tank for developing countries, based in Geneva
PENANG, Malaysia, Mar 14 2018 (IPS) - Last week’s action by President Donald Trump has ended the United States’ leadership on liberal trade and may trigger a global trade war with major damaging consequences.(more…)
PENANG, Apr 24 2017 (IPS) - This week, Donald Trump will mark his first hundred days as US President. It’s time to assess his impact on the world, especially the developing countries.
PENANG, Feb 17 2017 (IPS) - A new and deadly form of protectionism is being considered by Congress leaders and the President of the United States that could have devastating effect on the exports and investments of American trading partners, especially the developing countries.
PENANG, Jan 30 2017 (IPS) - His first days in office indicate that President Donald Trump intends to implement what he promised, with serious consequences for the future of the United Nations, trade, the environment and international cooperation, and developing countries will be most affected.
PENANG, Aug 17 2016 (IPS) - No country was more active in pushing for the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP). In the five years of negotiations, the United States cajoled, persuaded and pressurised its trade partners take on board its issues and positions.(more…)
IPS Daily Report
- Fighting Loss of the Greater Mekong’s Prized Rosewood Forests November 30, 2021 Catherine Wilson
- How to Tackle the Femicide Epidemic November 30, 2021 Jade Levell
- Profiting from the Carbon Offset Distraction November 30, 2021 Anis Chowdhury and Jomo Kwame Sundaram
- High Global Fertiliser Prices Overshadow Malawi’s Farm Subsidy Programme November 29, 2021 Charles Mpaka
- Pakistan: Gender-Intentional Policy Can Make Agent Banking Work Better November 29, 2021 Kathryn Imboden and Naeha Rashid