By : Samira Sadeque
UNITED NATIONS, Feb 19 2020 (IPS) - A report released last week has detailed the complex ways in which President Donald Trump’s ‘Global Gag Rule’ (GGR), that blocks U.S. global health assistance to foreign non-governmental facilities providing abortion or abortion-related services, is affecting the population in Malawi, a country already hard hit with numerous climate change disasters.
UNITED NATIONS, Jan 13 2020 (IPS) - While the United States is busy with foreign operations such as killing Qasem Soleimani, a key figure in Middle East Politics, behind the scenes it is reportedly considering a change that experts worry might be of grave concern: a potential withdrawal of troops from West Africa.
UNITED NATIONS, Sep 27 2019 (IPS) - A week ago, downtown New York witnessed one of the most historic moments in the climate action moment — hundreds of thousands of people attended the Climate Strike, where teen activists delivered powerful speeches and blows to world leaders for not taking climate change seriously.
IPS Daily Report
- Popular Pakistani Singer Pushes for Corporal Punishment be Made a Crime February 19, 2020 Zofeen Ebrahim
- U.S. President’s Global Gag Rule is Having Negative Impact on the Health of Malawians: Report February 19, 2020 Samira Sadeque
- How Nigeria’s Police used Telecom Surveillance to Lure & Arrest Journalists February 19, 2020 Jonathan Rozen
- As Planet Burns, One Million Species in World’s Eco-System in Danger of Extinction February 18, 2020 Thalif Deen
- Will Zimbabwe Allow Freedom of Airwaves and Freedom of Speech too? February 18, 2020 Ignatius Banda