By : Samira Sadeque
UNITED NATIONS, Mar 5 2020 (IPS) - Ambassador Mona Juul started her role as the Permanent Representative of Norway to the United Nations in January 2019, and is also the president of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
UNITED NATIONS, Feb 19 2020 (IPS) - A report released last week has detailed the complex ways in which President Donald Trump’s ‘Global Gag Rule’ (GGR), that blocks U.S. global health assistance to foreign non-governmental facilities providing abortion or abortion-related services, is affecting the population in Malawi, a country already hard hit with numerous climate change disasters.
UNITED NATIONS, Jan 13 2020 (IPS) - While the United States is busy with foreign operations such as killing Qasem Soleimani, a key figure in Middle East Politics, behind the scenes it is reportedly considering a change that experts worry might be of grave concern: a potential withdrawal of troops from West Africa.
UNITED NATIONS, Sep 27 2019 (IPS) - A week ago, downtown New York witnessed one of the most historic moments in the climate action moment — hundreds of thousands of people attended the Climate Strike, where teen activists delivered powerful speeches and blows to world leaders for not taking climate change seriously.
IPS Daily Report
- The Importance of Being Listed: Why Politics Threaten the Protection of Children in Armed Conflict June 22, 2021 Matthew Wells
- Three Million in Three Years: Jamaica’s Tree-Planting to Tackle Climate Change June 22, 2021 Kate Chappell
- Boldly Finance Recovery to Build Forward Better June 22, 2021 Anis Chowdhury and Jomo Kwame Sundaram
- Sowing Water: A Cuban Farm’s Bid for Sustainability June 21, 2021 Luis Brizuela
- Canada Must Acknowledge its Problematic Bill 21 June 21, 2021 Sania Farooqui