By : Shafi Bhuiyan and team of ITMDs
Access to quality healthcare is a basic human right, but for many, especially those in vulnerable communities, the right is not fully realized. The Covid-19 pandemic exposed this systemic inequality and gaps in the Canadian healthcare system. While surgical backlogs and delayed appointments may be prominent features of the healthcare crisis, the indirect impacts of Covid-19 […]
Toronto, Canada, Aug 27 2021 (IPS) - Albert Einstein said, “In the midst of every crisis lies great opportunity.” The year 2020 was a year of crisis across many sectors in Canada, especially the health care sector. There was a severe strain on the health care system through long waiting lists for family physicians, specialists, and vaccination clinics, and Intensive Care Units were working at a high level of capacity.
Toronto, Canada, Aug 20 2021 (IPS) - Canada is ranked number one out of 78 countries globally, with the highest marks in social purpose indicators, emphasizing human rights, social justice, and racial equity commitment, according to a recent U.S. News & World Report survey.
IPS Daily Report
- Table Banking Helping Women in Kenya to Put Food on the Table October 15, 2021 Joyce Chimbi
- Inclusive Education to Break the Cycles of Poverty October 15, 2021 Olivier De Schutter and Donald Lee
- QE, or No QE, That is the Question? October 15, 2021 Alexander Kozul-Wright
- Argentina’s Small Farming Communities Reach Consumers Online October 14, 2021 Daniel Gutman
- World Food Day 2021 October 14, 2021 External Source