Native Women’s Association of Canada
UNITED NATIONS, Jul 25 2019 (IPS) - Human trafficking for sexual exploitation has been steadily increasing in Canada. The most recent statistics indicate that 2016 had the highest recorded rate of human trafficking, with one police-reported incident for every 100,000 people in Canada. Despite these staggering numbers, reported cases make up just a small part of a larger, secretive industry where most incidents of sex trafficking fall under the radar.
IPS Daily Report
- Q&A: COVID-19 has Pushed Women Peacebuilders from Key Leadership Roles October 30, 2020 Samira Sadeque
- US Groups Linked to COVID Conspiracies Pour Millions of ‘Dark Money’ into Latin America October 30, 2020 Diana Cariboni and Isabella Cota
- The rise in plastic pollution during Covid-19 crisis October 30, 2020 Farah Kabir and Anhara Rabbani
- 20th Anniversary of UNSCR 1325: Much Remains to Be Done October 30, 2020 Ambassador Anwarul K. Chowdhury
- In the Face of a Pandemic, the World Turns to Trade October 29, 2020 Emilio Godoy