ROAD TOWN, British Virgin Islands, Sep 15 2017 (IPS) - When Hurricane Irma ripped through the British Virgins Islands on Sept. 6, claiming seven lives, injuring an unknown number of people and destroying built infrastructure as well as significantly damaging the natural environment, the ferocity of the storm shocked many of the islands’ residents, including 72-year-old Egbert Smith, who has lived through plenty of severe storms.
KINGSTOWN, St. Vincent, Aug 31 2017 (IPS) - The government of St. Vincent and the Grenadines says it hopes that the devastating loss and damage that Hurricane Harvey has wrought in Texas might inspire the government of President Donald Trump to rethink its position on climate change.
IPS Daily Report
- Fighting Loss of the Greater Mekong’s Prized Rosewood Forests November 30, 2021 Catherine Wilson
- How to Tackle the Femicide Epidemic November 30, 2021 Jade Levell
- Profiting from the Carbon Offset Distraction November 30, 2021 Anis Chowdhury and Jomo Kwame Sundaram
- High Global Fertiliser Prices Overshadow Malawi’s Farm Subsidy Programme November 29, 2021 Charles Mpaka
- Pakistan: Gender-Intentional Policy Can Make Agent Banking Work Better November 29, 2021 Kathryn Imboden and Naeha Rashid