By : Tharanga Yakupitiyage
UNITED NATIONS, Jul 4 2019 (IPS) - Environmental and humanitarian action is often understood as two different sectors. However, the lack of awareness regarding its intersections could lead to further long-term devastation.
UNITED NATIONS, Jun 26 2019 (IPS) - The international community still has a long way to go to chart a new, sustainable course for humanity. But the upcoming climate change meetings provide a renewed opportunity to tackle climate change head on.
UNITED NATIONS, May 27 2019 (IPS) - It’s time to end sexual and gender-based violence once and for all, participants of a two-day conference said.
UNITED NATIONS, May 21 2019 (IPS) - Antimicrobial resistance is quickly becoming a global crisis and risks reversing a century of progress in health. Some organisations have already geared up and are tackling the issue from its roots.
UNITED NATIONS, Apr 11 2019 (IPS) - While figures have dropped, the “inhuman” use of the death penalty still remains too common worldwide, a human rights group said.
UNITED NATIONS, Mar 19 2019 (IPS) - Modern slavery and human trafficking is one of the fastest growing criminal industries and one of the biggest human rights crises today, United Nations and government officials said.
IPS Daily Report
- We are Facing a Climate Emergency, Warns UN Chief January 26, 2021 Guterres
- Implementation Research to Achieve Health Related #SDGs January 26, 2021 Shafi Bhuiyan
- Global Economic Recovery Remains Precarious in post-COVID-19 Years January 26, 2021 External Source
- International Partnership Helps Mongolia Counter Climate Change January 26, 2021 Manipadma Jena
- Poor Lives Matter, but Less January 26, 2021 Jomo Kwame Sundaram