AUSTIN, United States, Apr 9 2019 (IPS) - There’s much to think about regarding food this month. April is Reducing Food Waste Month in the United States, as efforts mount here to reduce food loss and waste, while globally Sunday Apr. 7 was World Heath Day.
ONTARIO, Canada, Feb 8 2019 (IPS) - Canada introduced a new healthy eating food guide January 2019 and, for the first time, the meat, dairy and processed food and beverage industries were not involved. Based on the recommendations of health and nutrition experts, the guide places a new emphasis on eating plants, drinking water and cooking at home.
UNITED NATIONS, Jan 22 2019 (IPS) - One month on since the Global Compact for Migration was approved, civil society has highlighted the need to turn words into action, supporting those who have been displaced or forced to migrate as a result of environmental degradation.
IPS Daily Report
- We are Facing a Climate Emergency, Warns UN Chief January 26, 2021 Guterres
- Implementation Research to Achieve Health Related #SDGs January 26, 2021 Shafi Bhuiyan
- Global Economic Recovery Remains Precarious in post-COVID-19 Years January 26, 2021 External Source
- International Partnership Helps Mongolia Counter Climate Change January 26, 2021 Manipadma Jena
- Poor Lives Matter, but Less January 26, 2021 Jomo Kwame Sundaram