Green Climate Fund (GCF)
CAPE TOWN, South Africa, Jan 11 2019 (IPS) - While growth in the green economy looks promising, government regulation and a business-as-usual approach are among the hurdles inhibiting cleaner energy production.
KINGSTOWN, St. Vincent, Jul 4 2017 (IPS) - A leading climate change mitigation and adaptation activist and former climate negotiator in the Caribbean says that the United States could protect its economic and political interest by helping the region to go green.
– In recent days, two major developments have injected new life into international action on climate change. At the G20 summit in Australia, the United States pledged 3 billion dollars and Japan pledged 1.5 billion dollars to the Green Climate Fund (GCF), bringing total donations up to 7.5 billion so far. The GCF, established through […]
IPS Daily Report
- International Aid Feeds Hope and Fuels Confrontation in Venezuela February 16, 2019 Humberto Marquez
- Dismantling Sexual Health Stigma in India February 15, 2019 Natasha Chaudhary
- Q&A: Suriname’s President Champions Preserving the World’s Forests February 15, 2019 Desmond Brown
- Bringing #MeToo to the Fashion Industry February 15, 2019 Tharanga Yakupitiyage
- ‘Today, We Declare Our Love to Our Forests and Ecosystems’ February 15, 2019 Desmond Brown