United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)
NAIROBI, Aug 9 2019 (IPS) - The villagers living on the foothills of Mount Kenya have a belief: If they burn the forest, the rains will come.
UNITED NATIONS, Jul 4 2019 (IPS) - Environmental and humanitarian action is often understood as two different sectors. However, the lack of awareness regarding its intersections could lead to further long-term devastation.
UNITED NATIONS, Jun 26 2019 (IPS) - The international community still has a long way to go to chart a new, sustainable course for humanity. But the upcoming climate change meetings provide a renewed opportunity to tackle climate change head on.
UNITED NATIONS, Feb 7 2019 (IPS) - Sustainable land management is becoming more important than ever as rates of emissions, deforestation, and water scarcity continue to increase. But what if you don’t have rights to the land?
While the impact of agriculture on land is well known, the relationship between land degradation and land tenure seems to be less understood.
UNITED NATIONS, Feb 4 2019 (IPS) - Humans have long had a varied and complicated relationship with nature—from its aesthetic value to its economic value to its protective value. What if you could measure and analyse these values? One group is trying to do just that.
UNITED NATIONS, Jan 22 2019 (IPS) - One month on since the Global Compact for Migration was approved, civil society has highlighted the need to turn words into action, supporting those who have been displaced or forced to migrate as a result of environmental degradation.
IPS Daily Report
- Building Back Greener in Africa July 7, 2020 Umberto Labate
- Innovative Financial Approaches Key to Unleash SIDS Economic Potential July 7, 2020 Ambassador Lois M Young
- Online Education Moved to Top of Agenda by Indian State after IPS Reports Risks of Unequal Access July 7, 2020 Manipadma Jena
- Non-formal Education Helps Senegalese Women Combat FGM and Harmful Practices July 7, 2020 Stella Paul
- Donald Trump, Working Class Hero? July 7, 2020 Anis Chowdhury and Jomo Kwame Sundaram