ONTARIO, Canada, Feb 8 2019 (IPS) - Canada introduced a new healthy eating food guide January 2019 and, for the first time, the meat, dairy and processed food and beverage industries were not involved. Based on the recommendations of health and nutrition experts, the guide places a new emphasis on eating plants, drinking water and cooking at home.
UNITED NATIONS, Feb 7 2019 (IPS) - Sustainable land management is becoming more important than ever as rates of emissions, deforestation, and water scarcity continue to increase. But what if you don’t have rights to the land?
While the impact of agriculture on land is well known, the relationship between land degradation and land tenure seems to be less understood.
UNITED NATIONS, Jan 22 2019 (IPS) - One month on since the Global Compact for Migration was approved, civil society has highlighted the need to turn words into action, supporting those who have been displaced or forced to migrate as a result of environmental degradation.
CAPE TOWN, South Africa, Jan 11 2019 (IPS) - While growth in the green economy looks promising, government regulation and a business-as-usual approach are among the hurdles inhibiting cleaner energy production.
UNITED NATIONS, Jan 10 2019 (IPS) - In light of the millions of refugees escaping persecution in search of a safer, more prosperous future, a new campaign aims to raise awareness of the difficult journeys such populations take around the world.
UNITED NATIONS, Jan 9 2019 (IPS) - Human trafficking is on the rise and it is more “horrific” than ever, a United Nations agency found.
NAIROBI, Nov 24 2018 (IPS) - Throughout history, oceans, seas, lakes and rivers have provided life and livelihoods to people around the world. Today, they are a multi-trillion-dollar global economy supporting hundreds of millions of people and helping drive economic growth in all corners of the world.
OTTAWA, Nov 23 2018 (IPS) - This November, Canada, along with Kenya and Japan, is proud to host the world’s first global conference focused on the world’s ocean economy: the Sustainable Blue Economy Conference in Nairobi, Kenya.
IPS Daily Report
- Replacing Monopolies with Impact Rewards September 24, 2021 Thomas Pogge
- ‘Building Back Better’: Jordan’s Road to Green Economic Recovery September 24, 2021 Sania Farooqui
- Scientific Panel’s Scoping Report Instructive for Global Food Systems Transformation September 24, 2021 Alison Kentish
- With the World Bank’s “Doing Business” Out of Business, What Should Come Next? September 24, 2021 Ian Richards
- How Satellite Technologies Can Aid Fiji, Other Pacific Island Nations to Build Climate Resilience September 23, 2021 Neena Bhandari